Thursday, January 1, 2009

What do I want to be when I grow up???

Even though I'm grown and qualify for a "special discount" at most places, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. There are so many different things I want to do like, make jewelry, create journals and paper crafts, write a book, learn to paint...

Does this mean I want to be some sort of artist. When someone asks me what "I do" it sounds so presumptuous to say "I'm an artist". Should I say "I want to be an artist"...that doesn't sound right either.

So, what am I?


Free Web Counter


Free Counter

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

What's wrong with saying "I am an artist?" It looks to me as though you are! You might want to read the book The Renaissance Soul by Margaret Lobenstine. I think she describes you -- lots of interests. And her point is: what's wrong with that? Embrace it!

shayla said...

You sound alot like me. I finally decided to just say "I am an artist", because I really am! My art is beautiful to me! I had a flight attendant ask me if I was an artist as she saw me making zentangles on a recent flight. I said yes, and ever since then, I have believed I was.